Jon Are Beukes joins CealTech as Chief Scientific Officer to further strengthen our ability to commercialize the applications of graphene in new materials.
– I have a life-long burning passion for working with and developing advanced materials, and I am excited for the opportunity to work with graphene application in a fast-moving and dynamic environment, Dr Beukes says.
– His experience is unique
Having Dr Beukes join our team is a critical part of our continued commitment to deliver world-leading R&D services in creating tangible graphene products.
His background is a perfect fit for CealTech, with his combined experience of leading R&D processes, proven innovation track record and strong scientific competence in plasmas.
His experience within research and practical usage of plasma technologies is unique, CEO Stian Anke-Hansen says, before adding:
– We cannot wait to see him use his extensive experience to boost our fantastic science team and customers’ products.
Dr Beukes comes to CealTech from Schenck Process, where he has held the position as Application Manager for 5 years. Before that he was Director R&D for 6 years in Applied Plasma Physics until Schenck Process acquired the company in 2014. He also has extensive research experience from:
- European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF)
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- University of Oslo (UiO)
- University of Copenhagen (KU)
In addition, Dr Beukes holds a Dr. Scient. in Atmospheric Chemistry from the University of Oslo, and he has eleven years of experience commercializing plasma reactors.
Motorcycles and martial arts
On his free time, you are likely to find Dr Beukes riding his motorcycle, which is one of his great passions. Moreover, if you are interested in Japanese martial arts, you can learn a thing or two from him; he is indeed a former Norwegian judo champion.
When it comes to the legacy of his work, Dr Beukes has a clear vision:
– I dream of one day enabling a real sized space elevator.